Parents are expected to actively participate in school activities and are asked to join various working committees when their child enters the school.
The parent council sponsors many fund-raising affairs and forms a substantial policy-making body to assist in the administrative aspects of the instruction.
Parents are encouraged to join and assist in teaching and preparing meals or developing new materials to ensure their direct involvement in the education of their children. This atmosphere stimulates group participation and family interaction.
What our parents expect of Ujamaa School:
Within our current program culture, specific goals and objectives are formulated and clearly developed. These ideas revolve around a basic educational concept, which establishes a sense of identity, purpose, and direction in our children. We have clearly defined and created a methodology and academics in which ensures success. Our program educational material are developed as deem necessary to meet the stated objectives, keeping clearly in mind a view towards implementing more relevance and excellence in the Afrikan educational process. The essence of these objectives are as follows:
1. To develop and enhance the quality of Afrikan people.
2. To raise the level of expectation, performance, and academic achievement of our young people.
3. To excel our young people's standings in mathematics and science.
4. To read and study Afrikan history and culture.
5. To instill in our children the concept of familihood, and totally involve the family.
6. To teach fundamental academic and technical skills.
7. To create a social atmosphere where male and female roles are clearly defined.
8. To establish a healthy, wholesome, and discipline environment.
The objectives initially set the tone for well-organized and totally innovative programs in education. The children are taught positive values and are exposed to positive images primarily based upon the Afrikan value system, that support an underlying theme or self-respect, self-reliance and self-determination.